Thursday, December 24, 2009

Garden Party quilt

It is finished! And just in the nick of time!
This is my mom's Christmas gift. It is queen size, by far the biggest quilt I have ever made. The thing was an absolute beast, and both my little machine and my body took quite a beating. I made this using Anna Maria's Garden Party line - my mom fell in love with them and I have been keeping this a secret for awhile now! I used 28 different fat quarters ordered from sewlovefabrics on Etsy. For the quilting, I used Gutterman %100 cotton thread and did a fairly close stippling, my first time doing free motion. It was time consuming but pretty fun and easy once I got the hang of it. The back is a pieced Cyan blue Kona cotton solid and it turned out a bit wonky so I don't want to show it to you. Luckily when it was washed and dried all the flaws mostly disappeared. Since I was in a rush I also tried machine binding for the first time, which for me was a disaster. I'm leaving it as is for now and then I will undo and hand bind it before it goes on her bed.
I hope she loves it! I am really excited to give this to her. I need to get in all wrapped up in time for tomorrow, so goodbye for now!

Wishing all of you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful...a queen is very impressive for your first attempt at FM. I recently tried machine stitched binding and found those binding clips that look like hair clips really do work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt makes me wish I was the receiver....it looks great....EYE CANDY...YUMMY! And oh so beautiful for being new to sewing....and speaking of being new, congrats on becoming a new wife and a special congrats to becoming a new mommy....Mommyhood is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! What quilt pattern did you use? (Forgive me if you said the pattern already and I just missed it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need concrete cheating proof?
    hackingssetting50@gmail.com gave me full access to my spouse phone with just his phone number and within few hours of contracting them. I recommend this team to anybody who is in need of any hacking assistance.

    ReplyDelete