Here she is! And she's mine all mine! I can't even begin to tell you how much I am in love.
The quilt is a great throw sized, roughly 60x75. I used just about every Flea Market Fancy print made, only a few are missing (like yellow barbells!) The sashing and back are just good old Kona cotton white and I used the brown tulip tiles to bind by hand (I don't think I'll be attempting machine binding again very soon). I started the quilt back in August or September with the Old Red Barn Co quilt along, but only now just finished due to holiday madness. John aka Quiltdad did such a great job leading us all through the process of wonky log cabins. I learned so much.
One thing I must now sing the praises of is quilt basting spray. This stuff really works! For some reason I think I was against using it - I just really wanted to figure out how to baste properly the old fashioned way. But I was soooo desperate for this quilt to turn out perfectly, and after wrestling my last quilt (queen-sized) I was willing to try anything. I will now NEVER go back to just pins. I have also been a bit lazy about taping the entire back to the floor before laying the batting. I now know how important it is to go through every little step.
I also picked up Color Grabber at my local Hancock's Fabrics, which pulls any excess dye out of the water while washing. It worked like a charm and is only five bucks for about 30 washes.
Here is the back:
I had to add this little patchwork strip because my back was too short. I was really irritated I had to add it at first but now I love it.
At least we got a tiny ray of sun so I could take some okay shots, even if they are with the old camera (still missing the bloody charging cords to the new Canon!)
It is pretty hard to get a non-blurry shot of a very busy 8 month old!
I hope this can help inspire some of you fabric hoarders (you know who you are!) to get cutting on your beautiful Flea Market Fancy fabrics. They truly are better outside of the sewing room!