Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tumbler in the Snow!


I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am that I got to take these photos of my finished quilt in the beautiful snow! All of Western Washington is getting dumped on today and the whole region has come to a halt. But it's beautiful here and we're staying warm and cozy. I only had to step out a few feet in the backyard to get these shots - our house backs up to a green belt. I have a feeling we'll be seeing lots of my finished quilts hanging over this little wooden fence (secretly it was one of the big selling points of the house for me, I'm such a nerd).

I started this quilt back in September before we moved when I was in need of a simple project to relieve me from my Maple Leaf Rag quilt. It's full of all my favorite fabrics in a brown, cream, tan, red and blue color palette, even some precious ones I only had little scraps of left. I love how the tumbler pattern just shows them off with enough variation from simple squares.


I backed it with a Robert Kaufman print I found on the $5 flat fold table at my LQS, and bound it by hand with a Lecien gingham check while catching up on my new favorite show, Downton Abbey (isn't it everyone's new favorite?)

So that's it! I love it, and it's a fine little throw size at about 55x60, but I do wish I would've made it just a hair bigger. Oh well. It just feels good to finally have a new finished quilt.


And look what showed up this morning! Thirty fat quarters of Pam Kitty Morning's gorgeous new fabric line! I am in love with the sweet retro colors and prints in this line and have a feeling we'll be seeing lots of genius from this talented designer. I'd been lusting after this stack since I had first seen it, and when Katy announced she would be starting a quilt-along for the beautiful Swoon pattern I knew the two would be a marriage made in heaven. Don't you think?


Time to get cutting! I hear this quilt has a lot of little pieces!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the quilt and the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tumbler! I did a small hand pieced one several years ago. Your snowy pictures look great, I wish we had enough here for a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE tumbler quilts! Yours looks great! Did you use a template or make your own? (Please don't tell me you used a Go!Baby or something!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tumbler! I did a small hand pieced one several years ago. Your snowy pictures look great, I wish we had enough here for a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tumbler! I did a small hand pieced one several years ago. Your snowy pictures look great, I wish we had enough here for a good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tumbler quilt....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tumbler is really gorgeous (as is the snow)...
    I love the Pam Kitty fabrics too! It will be way too cute in Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have me all giddy with your kind words! I cant wait to see your swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a cute fence would definitely sway any future house buying decisions of mine too, you've got to think of all those quilty photo opportunities to come :)
    Love all those darker colour additions to your quilt, they really MAKE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful snowy setting. I love it! (and great quilt, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swoon will be lovely in Pam Kitty Morning, no doubt!

    Your tumbler quilt is beautiful, and the snow is such a perfect setting for a brand new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its gorgeous Megan! I really like your use of the dark and bright fabrics together. I love the setting of the photographs too. It looks like one of those black and white photos with a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A quilt on the snow looks so blissful - almost like you could snuggle up in it while sitting ON the snow! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so jealous of the snow :)
    Awesome quilt yet again, and it does look amazing in all that white :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, so lovely in the snow! Must add a tumbler quilt to my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Snow weather look so cool and fantastic.This type of fabrics look on this now is really great look.

    Garages

    ReplyDelete
  17. layanan jasa cargo murah yang siap antar barang anda keseluruh nusantara. kunjungi
    https://www.indonekargo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omniklik tidak hanya memberikan saran, tetapi juga bekerja secara kolaboratif dengan bisnis Anda untuk mencapai tujuan bersama.
    Omniklik

    ReplyDelete