Friday, June 18, 2010

Inspired Friday



How could it not be with all this new loot? Mr. Mailman was nice to me this week. I went a little nuts but I just had to have all this stuff, right? Castle Peeps, some of Erin McMorris's new line Weekends (love the bikes), the first of my Far, Far Away 2 and some new solids and linens. I also lost my patience with the US printing of Material Obsession Two and ordered one from the UK. And after I saw these blocks Amy (badskirt) came up with, I just had to order the curved hexagon star template from Australia (it's Matilda's own, and I bought it here). And the best yet? I won a little contest Ryan (I'm Just A Guy Who Quilts) had over on his blog and he sent me a Moda Bella Solids color card and fat quarters in the sorbet colorway from Tufted Tweets!!! Thanks so much Ryan!


Why can't all quilting books be as cool as the Material Obsessions? Not every design is my style but there are some beautiful quilts and ideas in these pages. Jazz Hands is my favorite in the new book....


and it is taking all my will-power not to start cutting into these lovelies. I already have the quilt all planned in my head.


And here is block two for my Kerchief Girl quilt. I'll be working on brown kerchief girl tonight after dinner (Mark is grilling a Kobe New York and crab-stuffed salmon right now - YUM!)



So while all of you are out having a wild and crazy Friday night, I'll be humming away at the ol' sewing machine. I've been staying close to home lately, just the way I like it. Happy Weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. The mail man brought some cool fabrics to your house. Love those Castle Peeps and Tufted tweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun presents from the mailman! I'd love to see a book review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! I want to try that block after oogling it on her flickr. I kinda am in love with her stream & it takes all my will power to not bug her with "ZOMG CAN WE BE FRIENDS!" (I kinda have already done that to you, lol!)
    Where did you order the star template from? I tried to click on the link but I think I missed it!?
    We are boring on Fridays too...we went for a bike ride to the grocery store and then starbucks...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also got some FFA and castle peeps, all on the same week! whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the greens in your Kerchief quilt. Great bounty you got too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, lovely pics! And, I'm right there with ya sewing on a Friday night. No place like home sweet home, fabric and chocolate. Yep, life is good. Happy sewing!

    galew417@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this even though I can´t quilt (yet at least)! Fabric, yarn and everything else that makes my creativity going is more than welcome in my mailbox any day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the US version of Material Obsession Two didn't come out till October? It's on my 'to-buy' list...is it inferior to the AU version?

    ReplyDelete