Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Show and Tell


First I want to say thank you to all of you who left such sweet comments about my last post. You instantly made me feel so much better about everything! I'm still waiting to hear if the tutorial will be re-posted on the Moda Bake Shop, but no matter what you will see it here or there soon.

I just can't make enough of these Jane Market Bags! Not exactly as fashionable as the handbags I used to carry, but these have become my carry-all tote for knitting, diapers, wallet, water bottle and every other on the go necessity. My first one has been going everywhere with me so I decided to make more before I trash it too much. I love the fact that one or two of these can be whipped up in an evening.
The first one is made of twill cloth from It's a Hoot by Momo, and is probably my favorite print of the line. The yardage is supposed to be out any day now. I used up some scraps from the quilt to do a little patchwork on the pocket, paired with a little japanese linen. 
The second bag is a buttery soft linen by Megumi Sakakibara from Superbuzzy that I just couldn't resist. I have a half yard stack of the cotton prints by this designer that have been marinating in my stash for awhile, so I cut a little up to patchwork the pockets of this one, too. And the lining is one of my favorite Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry prints, Herringbone in Maple. That guy is just a genius with coordinate prints, don't you think?


My stress relief knitting project of the week is this super simple Drop Stitch Scarf. Looks complicated? Well trust me, it's not! If you can knit and count, you can make this scarf. I love this Manos del Uruguay Maxima merino wool yarn soooo much. The colorway is Chrysanthemum and it makes me happy to see the cheerful colors changing as I go along. Having a simple knitting distraction is a necessity for me because my big long-term projects tend to be above my skill level and drive me crazy more than occasionally. I'd really like to finish my Kererra sweater up but I keep encountering road blocks. If anyone has experience with knitting double garter stitch in the round, please PLEASE contact me - I beg of you!


And I just finished up my block for Brioni (flossyblossy) in our first month on Bee Hexed In. She chose blue and green and I think this quilt is going to be just lovely! 

I have lots more to show you soon - don't ask me where all this crafting energy came from! Right now I am ready to hit the sack and it's only 7:15:)

7 comments:

  1. Love your block for Bee Hexed In! And I really NEED to learn to knit! LOVE the scarf : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that pattern too - just got some new Echino that I'm wanting to make one out of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a knitter but if you have not read, you should check out Maria @ passing down crazy - she knits a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bee block and those bags look handy :)
    I can't knit.. my stitches always fall off my needles when i try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bags Megan!! And I love your hex block. Good luck knitting - me and my scarves can't help you much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have been very busy. The bags are great and your scarf look wonderful. Your Bee Hexed In block is gorgeous - I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE those knitting bags!! I just went and bought myself a bag for my birthday and now my knitting is perfectly organized! The scarf is divine and your hexed in block turned out perfect!!

    ReplyDelete