Friday, June 24, 2011

We're Ready!


Well, we're as ready as we're ever going to be! Olivia Grace will be here by Monday the 27th of June for certain unless she decides to make an appearance on her own. In the meantime, I will be mentally preparing, knitting, carb loading for labor energy (read: excuse to have Mark make me pasta) and getting one last trigger point massage to hopefully get things going.
I don't know if you can ever be ready for labor, but I feel oddly relaxed about it. Maybe I'm just to the point where I've had it up to my eyeballs with pregnancy. Carrying around a nine pound baby is difficult and not just mildly uncomfortable, to say the least! And of course, I'm ready to meet our new sweet little girl and excited to watch our family grow and change.

I've only managed to make a few hand-made items for Livie, including a minkee-backed Little Folks blanket (love the idea of minkee, sewing with it not so much), another voile receiving blanket, some terry cloth burpies and bibs. The teeny tiny sweater I knit for her may still be a bit too big for her to wear home from the hospital. It's a really simple, quick knit called the Small Things Sweater - great for last minute baby gifts. I used only one skein of madelinetosh dk in the color Gossamer I had left over from another project. It still needs buttons so I had better get moving on that.

I will truly have a new baby to show off to you when I see you here again! Hope you all can handle lots of baby pictures because I have a feeling that's what you'll be getting:)

28 comments:

  1. Everything is beautiful! I am so so excited for you, that precious little one will be in your arms soon. Try to enjoy the last few days of your pregnancy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so excited for you guys and can't wait for those pictures of Olivia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Can't wait to see photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you (& livie) all the best, megan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck! olivia grace - what a beautiful name. my daughters name would have been grace had i not married my husband with the last name gracie :o) so she's georgia katherine instead. good luck to you and hope you are able to post again soon! it's almost over!!!! thx for complaining w/me along the way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, hooray! best wishes for a lovely delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you the best for a speedy delivery!! I am sure you are glad to be so close to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes!!! Bring on the baby pix.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my favorite girl name...... hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsers on the name! Love it more than I could ever tell you!! Many blessings for you family !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck, Megan! Love the name, I am sure Olivia will be a beautiful little lady. Can't wait to see her in that sweet sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Best wishes for all of you. Looking forward to lots and lots of pictures. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope it all goes well. I can relate, I also had a big baby and pregnancy was hard at the end. He came on his due date. Beautiful name, looking forward to seeing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with the birth of your new baby and hope your labor goes smoothly. I have been there and done that 2 times too, and now my youngest daughter just turned 32 yesterday. Hang on tight, the years go too fast, little one day, grown up the next.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish you all the joy that a new baby brings. Can't wait to see the baby pictures of your sweet girl! She has a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Peaceful times Megan and we'll be waiting for the news and the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an exciting time! Love your collection of handmade items for Miss Olivia Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I ate the biggest spaghetti dinner before having my first.. and labor was all of 2 hours.. the easiest of all my kids by FAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the best to you. I am looking forward to the baby pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck for swift labor and healthy baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck tomorrow - I hope everything goes smoothly! Can't wait to see the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Best of everything for the 27th, lurve baby pics!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aww, Megan you are making me clucky with all your sweet baby things! Can't wait to see pics of Olivia! All the best, and I hope she is a blissful little bubba - sleeps and feed well.
    Blessings!
    S&R xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. coming to check on you! :) Hope everyone is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you need concrete cheating proof?
    hackingssetting50@gmail.com gave me full access to my spouse phone with just his phone number and within few hours of contracting them. I recommend this team to anybody who is in need of any hacking assistance.

    ReplyDelete