Monday, July 18, 2011

Lovely Gifts from Lovely Friends


Look who is asleep on the job again! My little model isn't being very cooperative, but she is still very happy about her new gifts. This baby, by the way, is making up for all the uncomfortableness of my pregnancy by being just the sweetest angel imaginable. When she isn't sleeping, she's eating or just cuddling. Lucky me. (ETA: I wrote this a few days ago. We have since encountered the dreaded middle of the night cluster feedings. Oh well, at least she gave me a break for the first two weeks!)

One of the biggest rewards I get from blogging, Twitter, Flickr and Ravelry are the friendships I've formed with kindred spirits who share common interests. Chawne has continually wowed and inspired me with all of her diverse creative pursuits from knitting to crocheting to spinning to quilting. Not to mention we have a seemingly shared appetite for the finer foods in life (okay, and maybe even some of the not-so-fine ones - Reese's eggs and tater tots anyone?) So when I received this package in the mail last week, I knew it would be good but I almost fell over from the loveliness of this quilt she made for Olivia. Perfectly pink improv patchwork in all shades with her signature lettering of Olivia's name. She even sent along some hand-dyed yarn and fabric for me to play with! Thank you again, C, we adore this quilt. (Chawne has a post on her blog about it here if you'd like to see more).


I've already had the pleasure of sharing with you this adorable little sweater hand-knit for Olivia by the generous, sweet and talented Kaye of Miss Print. She sent it a few months ago and I could hardly wait to try it on our new girl! The weather has been dreary and cool here since she was born so we've already gotten in quite a few wears before she outgrows it. Isn't it the cutest on her? I just love the bright yellow shade Kaye chose. Thank you again, Kaye, she has gotten many compliments on her tiny sweater!

I hope you all have a great week. I'll be back soon, my sewing mojo has finally returned so I'll have something quilty to share with you soon!



9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby! What nice gifts you have received for her. She looks quite fetching in her sweater. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet! Love her quilt and her cardi! Oh, and she is quite adorable herself too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia looks so sweet. How lovely to be gifted such beautiful items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beautiful baby. Thank you for sharing the pretty gifts she has received. It's fun to see Olivia showing off her new things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, sweet baby! i love that yellow sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet face. that quilt looks lovely and snuggly. hope you are getting some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what fun...and what a sweetheart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm so glad that the cardi I knit fits her! She looks so sweet - thank you for sharing pictures! Kisses and love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you need concrete cheating proof?
    hackingssetting50@gmail.com gave me full access to my spouse phone with just his phone number and within few hours of contracting them. I recommend this team to anybody who is in need of any hacking assistance.

    ReplyDelete