Tuesday, October 23, 2012

autumn sweaters


One of my favorite things about fall is breaking out all the comfy cozy sweaters. Now that I know how to knit my own it's just that much better.

My newest finish is the Solstice Cardigan by Cecily Glowik MacDonald knit up in some lovely Plucky Knitter Rustic. This was such an enjoyable knit and I think this one will get lots of wear on cool, crisp days like this. You can find a link to the pattern and more of my own thoughts on my Ravelry page.




This one I actually started LAST October but just finished a few weeks ago. Let's just say it wasn't the most pleasurable knitting experience, but in the end I'm glad it's finished and I didn't torch it the way I had fantasized about so many times during the knitting process. The pattern is called Coastal Hoodie and I used one of my favorite yarn bases, madelinetosh merino cashmere nylon sport weight. 

I am loving the finished sweater so I guess all of the headaches were worth it. It's soft and squishy and perfect for throwing over a tee and jeans. Not the greatest photos, but you get the idea.


Are you knitting anything fun right now?  I have another sweater or two on the needles but right now I've got the urge to cast on every hat, cowl and pair of mitts I see!







6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous knits, the texture on the Solstice is wonderful and I can't hink of a more wearable garment than the hoodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a knitting fool- such pretty sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful - I particularly love the waistline ribbing on the Solstice Cardigan. You are full of sweater inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you the last time I finished a sweater! I need to do that. Both of these finishes are gorgeous! So wearable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonus yang diberikan Pokervit :
    * Bonus rollingan 0.5%,setiap Jum'at di bagikannya
    * Bonus Refferal 10%,seumur hidup
    * Bonus Deposit Member Baru 20%
    * Bonus Jackpot, yang dapat anda dapatkan dengan mudah
    * Minimal Depo 10.000
    * Minimal WD 50.000

    Poker IDNPlay Deposit LinkAja
    Poker IDNPlay Deposit OVO

    ReplyDelete