Thursday, January 28, 2010

Weekend Get Away

I'm signing off for the rest of the weekend for a little much-needed girls weekend to the coast. I am lucky enough to have some wonderful women in my life who have been great friends since the seventh grade and we all still keep in touch. 
But, since I will be leaving my new BFF (Bernina!) behind I am bringing lots of other crafty goodness to occupy myself with. Here are a couple of WIPs I have been working on:

The colorful stripe is just a mindless one-rib knit scarf of two beautiful Noro Silk Garden colorways which I'm almost done with. Just about everyone on Ravelry has already made this but I couldn't resist and will probably be making another one soon. You can find the original free pattern by Jared Flood here. A great beginner project. The other is the Sunrise Circle jacket which I have been working on since I was pregnant. It is a gorgeous design I am knitting up in some luxurious Jo Sharp Aran Tweed. I hope to make a little headway this weekend, I finally feel like I have gotten my knitting mojo back! Whispering Pine on Flickr has an awesome version which inspired me.

As if I didn't have enough projects going on I just couldn't resist trying crochet. It was really Lucy's work at Attic 24 which got me so excited. Check it out, she whips up some absolutely gorgeous work and offers some fab tutorials, too. This is my first ever completed granny square - pretty wonky but I am excited I picked up the concept and feel like I'm making progress. A lot of people feel that crochet is easier than knitting. I have been a bit frustrated so far but I am determined to keep with it. The yarns I have been using are Cash Vero DK and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.



I'm also packing a pad and my set of beloved Copic markers. Why, you ask? Well am trying to coerce the husband into letting me sign up for Heather Ross's fabric design workshop, and I figure all the doodling I can get in between now and January will help (that and proficiency in Photoshop, which is the real obstacle).



I'm leaving these two miscreants alone for their first overnight together. I will miss them dearly, but two days minus Yo Gabba Gabba, 5 AM waking and piles of laundry will be a great break. They probably won't even miss me:)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great weekend, You are so lucky to be near Heather Ross' workshop, I would LOVE to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having a blast Megan!!! Mama's deserve L o N G... breaks ;)

    XO, Heather

    ReplyDelete