Friday, July 30, 2010

WIP: Munki Munki Rainbow Nine Patch Sneak Peek


It's Friday night and party animal me couldn't think of anything more fun to do than try and finish up my long overdue Munki Munki quilt top. Mark is gone for the evening, Lucy finally went to bed (after sleep-striking for the last few days as punishment for us going out of town!), I poured myself a glass of very good wine and turned on some old Liz Phair, Ray Charles and David Bowie and set to work. Only to run out of Kona Coal sashing!!!! Arrrgh! I always think I buy enough solid but never do.

But it's almost done, and the rest will have to wait until tomorrow. I guess I'll take my wine to the couch and do some hexagon hand piecing. Have a great night friends!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect friday night to me!! love the munki munki quilt!! and the grey really frames it all so well. I never buy enough solids either, I keep trying to tell myself to buy all my favorites in 2 yard cuts to make sure I can at least get through one quilt, then never do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking wonderful, Megan!!! Looks great with the coal sashing (even if you do need more, lol). I love how you always blog at night, since we're both on the west coast so I usually get to be among the first to see what you've been up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular. I would never have thought to pop a dark sashing around the blocks. It's stunning. Good on you! And good on you for cracking open a bottle....the only to quilt on a Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, i love that. i always under buy solids too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're using so much precious munki in one quilt. Its going to be a stunner (once you've got the rest of the sashing). That happens to me all the time, and then I have to wait a week for it to arrive from the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks so fantastic...from what we can see so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the grey really kicks!! i can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete