Thursday, April 1, 2010

You guys rock




I just wanted to say thank you for all your kind comments and encouraging advice concerning my Bohemian mess the other day.  I hope you don't all think I am some kind of fickle emotional freak, but I must say that now with a little distance and a new perspective, I think I actually like it!  

I took your advice and put up a piece of batting for a make-shift design wall and it really did make all the difference. Plus, it is so fun playing around with all the pieces, sort of like a jigsaw puzzle. Sure, it's aggressively bright and wild, but I am a big fan of color and I'm hoping once it's all done and quilted I'll love it to pieces. I am still toying with the idea of adding some solid neutral. And I have big plans for the back, to make it double sided quilt.

I've really been enjoying all your comments and enthusiasm for the giveaway! And I've realized I'm still going to have lots of this fabric left over, so I have decided to sweeten the deal a little. In addition to the grand prize fat quarter stack, I'm also going to throw in a couple of charm packs for two runner ups. I'm going to draw the winners this weekend so I promise to let you know Monday who are the lucky ducks!

I thought I would leave you with a glimpse of what my poor husband has to put up with on a daily basis-


This is our dining room/kitchen table, and yes, all my fabric and notions are pushed just to the side so we could enjoy this lovely dinner he prepared (garlic rosemary lamb chops, grilled onions, broccoli and Oregon Pinot Noir) while I fussed over this sewing dilemma. Oh, and here is a quote from him when asked his opinion on the pattern: "Yes, it's a bit busy, but I like the circles. But Mrs. Roper called and she's looking for her wardrobe." Funny guy.

12 comments:

  1. I have to say, with your new design wall all of the busyness is growing on me, too! You definitely have a patient and gracious hubby(who mustbe a great cook-wow!). Have fun with it, Megan! --Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that my kitchen/dining room table isn't the only one with a sewing machine and serger and ever growing pile of fabric, permnantly residing on it. And that there are other dining room walls with giant rectangles of batting thumb tacked to them for a make shift design wall. LOVE IT...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That design board looks wonderful Megan. It would be a great quilt on that very wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan...I love it! It is amazing how putting it up on the wall like that really changes the perspective (and makes it look even prettier). Thank you for sharing your husband's quote...I was on the floor (I needed a good laugh), totally something my husband would say!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It looks fantastic up on the design wall. I'm seriously in love with this range, it's so bright and funky, and I LOVE that it has purple in it - purple just isn't used enough!
    Your hubby's a funny guy, but Mildred never wore anything even as remotely lovely as the Bohemian fabric. LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan, I read your last post re the quilt and you not being too keen on it all but I must say that I think it looks stunning and busy and gorgeous all together on the wall there. I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum - wish my hubby made food like that! And I think it looks great as wall art :-)
    You'll love it when you are done! Those design walls really help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely smashing! I love it. Keep going.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love it - I don't think it really needs solid colors in there, but either way will be nice.

    And...I'm jealous you can actually eat at your dining table, mine is completely craft covered, not just one end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Mrs Roper, oh he's cruel! You know though, hanging on the wall like that I'm starting to really like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, LMAO on what your husband said. He's a witty fella. I like the quilt and think it's just lovely. And once you quilt it, it won't be so 'crazy' looking. Everything is softer and muter after quilting. And I think it's funny you pushed all the stuff to the side of the dining room table to eat a nice dinner. I use my formal dining room everyday to sew and I'm not quite sure I could just push it all to the side, there is just too much there! Luckily we have a nice table in the kitchen to eat off of. Love the new FFA quilt. I may have to copy some of those blocks you did with some of my fabric that is 'waiting' for a project.

    ReplyDelete