Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tying up loose ends...

Man do we ever have a lot going on around here this week. My baby girl is turning one tomorrow! I can hardly believe how fast a year goes by.

I finished her birthday dress last night. It's the Portabello Pixie pattern Claire I used for her Easter dress, but this time I used the Petal Knot version. It's so nice these patterns include four different dress designs. My LQS was carrying the new Meadowsweet line and I think it's just perfect for little girl dresses. Something about that strawberry print reminds me of the lawn furniture my grandmother had when I was a girl.



Lucy will probably have to wear a long sleeved onesie and leggings under it because our weather forecast is typical of Seattle in May - rainy. I just pray it stops by the evening because we are expecting around fifty friends and family over to our tiny house for the big Cinco de Mayo Birthday celebration! Luckily we have a big back yard and tents to set up. So needless to say I have been a bit busy getting everything ready for the party. But still trying to find a bit of time to squeeze in some sewing. We are leaving for Mexico on Friday morning so I will be without my machine for a whole week. I just packed her up (and my entire sewing mess in the kitchen!) and I miss her already!

I tried to finish a new sewing machine cover for her, but didn't make it too far. I was inspired to try the fat geese from Katy's tutorial in the new issue of Fat Quarterly. You have gotten your copy of this new ezine, haven't you? If not, you certainly owe yourself the treat!



And I'm so sorry Jenni, I'm really late on your bee blocks! Jenni chose the wonderful Katie Jump Rope line for her month in the Bee-autiful Bee and asked us all to embroider a little fairytale/woodland scene or animal. I got this awesome free pattern from Follow the White Bunny. Can you tell it's the Owl and the Pussycat? I'm still really intimdated by embroidery, which is probably why I procrastinated in starting these blocks! But this quilt is going to be so incredibly special.


I hope to share some photos of the big birthday bash with you before we fly off to beautiful Sayulita, Mexico. Off to clean and pack now!






5 comments:

  1. everything is sooo cute!! the dress, the fat geese, and the embroidery block, LOVE it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can commiserate with you about packing up your machine - I was without mine this past weekend and started having withdrawal symptoms when I couldn't get back to town on Sunday! Lovely stuff in your pics - wish your baby girl a happy birthday from Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Lucy (both of our baby girls are taurus)!! I am sure she will look beautiful in her new dress. it is SOOO sad how fast it goes when they are young...my baby girl will be 3 (OMG just typing that made me sad) in a few weeks and I truly feel like I just had her yesterday.

    I love your geese, such great fabrics all on in spot, and I am so with you on the embroidery....very intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well your machine is going to have one rocking cover when you get back from Mexico!!
    Hope the party went wonderful and Lucy had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. megan... is it wrong that i want to be your baby??? we just seem to have the same boho style and i needs me some new cute clothes!! haha

    have fun in Mexico and have a HUGE margarita for me... make that a double! ;)

    xo, Heather

    ReplyDelete