Saturday, August 22, 2009


Well here I am! I finally caved and decided to start blogging. As I was racking my mind to figure out what to post for my very first time, I guess an introductory would be fitting. I am brand new Mama, new wife and very new "seamstress". I intend for this blog to be primarily about my journey of learning to sew, but I am sure it will incorporate my other loves - food (cooking and dining out), wine, gardening, travel, music, my family and yes, my dog Norman.

That's him, and my new little girl, Lucia Rose. Her blanket actually happens to be my very first sewing project (since college, anyways)! It is from the Amy Butler book Little Stitches. It's a great, easy pattern to follow and I have also made a few for shower gifts. Using a little soft minkee makes it super cozy.

That's it for now. I just wanted to get this up and running, more posts soon!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,
    My name is Megan and I am in Australia and I just read your blog from start to finish - don't worry I'm not a stalker, just kept reading because you love all the same fabrics as me and we seem to read alot of the same blogs. I found you through a flickr picture as I am making a Good Folks quilt and I was looking for inspiration and I came across your photo and found your blog. I love your socialite dress too, I have always looked at the pattern and wondered if I should give it a good and I think I will! I'm only just coming back to sewing after a long time and I am loving all of the modern fabric ranges avail. I am also obsessed with FMF especially the seedlings fabric - I have managed to track down all colours except the putty which is the one I love the most! Amy Butler is my hero, although AMH is quickly gaining these days! I think I will start on one of the Old Red Barn Quilt alongs, I just did the DQS7 and John was my Quilt Dad literally, it was heaps of fun, although I am one of the only ones still waiting for my quilt, but apparently it is not far away, anyway, Sorry I just realised I have rabbited on and on, just wanted to say I enjoyed your blog and all your current projects and I look forward to hearing what you are doing in the future! Megs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, This is an awesome blog.Continue to keep up the very good operate. I completely enjoyed reading your blog.

    ipad Video





    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, This is an awesome blog.Continue to keep up the very good operate. I completely enjoyed reading your blog.

    Unlimited Movies







    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, This is an awesome blog.Continue to keep up the very good operate. I completely enjoyed reading your blog.

    Special Effect |

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need concrete cheating proof?
    hackingssetting50@gmail.com gave me full access to my spouse phone with just his phone number and within few hours of contracting them. I recommend this team to anybody who is in need of any hacking assistance.

    ReplyDelete