Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I really have been sewing!


August has been busy and I've been working on a bunch of fun projects! I know I haven't really had too much to show you lately but I'm just putting the finishing touches on a few things. I did finally finish my Munki Munki Rainbow Nine Patch! I'm absolutely loving how it turned out and I think it showcases all my prints beautifully. It deserves a real photo shoot before I show it to you so I'm waiting until the sun shows her head around here to get some good lighting, and today is a typical rainy northwest August day.
I also picked up Hillary Lang's new book Wee Wonderfuls and I'm in love! I have long been dreaming of filling Lucy's room with an army of mama-made dollies and this book is chock full of awesome patterns. My first project, the Sleepover Pals is almost done so I'll share that soon too (by the way, the book above "This is Where I Leave You" comes highly recommended by me for a pee-in-your-pants funny summer read).

August is also my month in the Bee-autiful Bee. I am super excited that all these fabulously talented ladies are making "improv style" blocks for my Paint-by-Number quilt. I sent pieces from my Erin Michael's Uptown and Lush collections to the bee-ers and the blocks are already rolling in and just what I hoped for!


I've also been doing a little work here and there on my Kerchief Girl quilt. Here is a brown block......


and a blue. I love using some of my very favorite prints all together in one quilt.


And starting in on the red this morning.


The sun looks like it's finally coming out so I hope to get some pics of the Munki quilt taken today. And make sure you check back soon because my very first blog-aversary is this month and you know what that means - giveaway time!!!

Thank you all so much for all the kind wedding anniversary wishes. We had a lovely day together and today is Mark's birthday so we're going out tonight for more celebrating!

5 comments:

  1. busy girl! everything is looking so great, I'm especially loving your kerchief girl blocks. what a great use of fabric!! and I'm going to check out that book, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stuff, Megan! I can't wait to see what your photo shoot reveals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS! You have been busy! i so can't wait to see your Munki quilt... and I'm totally loving the kercheif girl blocks! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan! I love the kerchief girl fabric and YOUR blocks! Very Very Cute. Tell me, what line is that and where do you get that cute kerchief girl fabric? I have seen in here and there on other's blogs, BUT have never seen it in the stores? THanks.

    ReplyDelete