Monday, August 16, 2010

Wee Wonderfuls Sleepover Pals


I couldn't wait to get my hands on Hillary Lang's new Wee Wonderfuls book. Hillary makes gorgeous toys and I've long admired her work. Every single project is totally adorable, but the first one I was inspired to tackle were these little dollies, The Sleepover Pals. I think I would've absolutely loved these as a little girl, all complete with a sleeping bag for three to nestle them in, and portable when you roll them up and tie it with the attached ribbon. I thought Lucia was still just a bit too young for these still, but I let her play with them for awhile last night and she loved tucking them in, patting their heads and saying "night, night".  I then had to remain calm as she started chewing on their hair and throwing them around the room. After all, a tattered and worn toy is a loved toy.
I can't really give a review of the book since I've only made this one pattern, but the directions were clear and simple. They were very fun to make, but there is some embroidery and hand sewing involved, areas I need practice in anyways. The hair is felted wool and and all the printed fabrics are from Lecien's Flower Sugar and Minny Muu lines.
I'm pretty sure I am going to be busy with this book making dollies for awhile, because every little girl should have a room of hand-made dolls, right? (Even if secretly that little girl is ME!)

Happy Monday and be sure to check back in this week for my blog-aversary giveaway!

10 comments:

  1. Man, you are selling me on this book. I think my daughter would go nuts over those! Cracking up about your daughter chewing on the hair....it would take all my energy not to grab them away and put them in a glass case up high. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eldest daughter Asha keeps reminding me this book is out now, I think she drools over it daily on Amazon!!!
    Love your sleepover pals, you did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I don't think my first comment took, found your blog through Flickr. Love your stuff, beautiful ideas, gorgeous colours too. I love J. Tropper books, have read all 4 or 5 of them, v. witty and funny! Anyway love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute...a little girls dream for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! your pic looks like a 'book shot', adorable on your AMH quilt!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, those little dolls are adorable - my granddaughter would love them! I see some little girl dolls on my horizon.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan- Those are so cute....I am going out to get it today! I am having a raffle for a singer Featherweight and some fabric stacks. It's to benefit the midwives who helped me through my "M". I hope you are feeling better and moving on. I 've had a rough time with it, but I am starting to move forward. I really hope you are on the up and up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are about the cutest things ever! My sister and I would have loved them when we were growing up! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet!! Thanks for reviewing this book...now I have to go get it!

    ReplyDelete